Process Engineer (Waste Water)
We now have a vacancy within the engineering and construction department for a process engineer working within the engineering and construction design team. As a process engineer you will be predominantly working within the field of waste water treatment, providing technical advice, design information and guidance to the various delivery teams of the capital programme. This role is based at Bath .
You will be responsible for:
* Providing a high level of process and technical knowledge in all aspects of waste water treatment.
* Undertaking and delivering specific investigations and appraisals, identifying best value engineering solutions and taking into account whole-life costs and carbon emissions.
* Identifying and explaining a range of process options to meet a required output.
*Providing innovative solutions within the confines of cost incentivised workstreams.
* Reviewing, auditing and approval of all technical reports, appraisals, designs and drawings to ensure that all comply with the company's health and safety, technical standards, legal and environmental.
* Providing detailed process engineering input into the project function from optioneering through to commissioning.
* Attending design review meetings to confidently explain designs and respond appropriately to any challenges.
* Challenging and identifying changes to the company's design standards, specifications and standard drawings.
* Providing training, mentoring, support and guidance to the engineering and construction technical staff.
In order to succeed in this challenging role, you will need great problem solving and analytical skills along with good verbal and written communication skills. You will be experienced in delivering results through cross functional working. You will need:
* A degree in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline.
* Preferably (but not essential) a master's degree in a process related area.
* Progressing towards (or having achieved) Chartered professional status of an appropriate institution.
* At least four years' relevant process design experience (relevant operational experience would be acceptable).