Our client currently have an opportunity for a Principal/Lead Process Engineer to lead the process engineering team within our Energy, Waste & Water team based in Berkshire. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities. The Process Team supports water and wastewater non-infrastructure work for clients throughout the UK, Ireland and overseas.
The role would comprise working on any or all of the following project stages within the water and wastewater Process Team:
• Concept stage design, feasibility and root cause analysis
• Front end engineering design
• Detailed design
• Technical support and construction supervision
• Commissioning and handover
• Site based investigation work during all stages of design. – including process monitoring, operational performance review and process optimisation.
We are looking for an experience Principal Process Engineer to line manage and mentor junior water and wastewater process engineers.
As a member of the Process team, you would be supported by and work as part of our diverse and dynamic UK Water Process Group and more widely by our professionals with whom we have links all over the world.
Responsibilities would include:
• Leading a Process design team to complete scopes of work within agreed time frames and to budget
• Acting as Process Engineer and Process Lead for the design for small/ medium /large water and wastewater projects.
• Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, ensuring the delivery of high quality design projects.
• Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with the other discipline engineers and leads on the projects
• Mentoring and development of process graduates and junior staff; supervision and line management of junior engineers.
• Data gathering through desk top study and site work, data analysis and interpretation
• Liaising with our Clients and other design team members
• Assisting the Project Manager (PM) with Process issues
• Checking and reviewing the work of peers and junior staff
• Maintaining an up to date knowledge of developments in water and/or wastewater treatment technologies.
• To actively look to develop new process opportunities to develop the water and wastewater process team and win more work.
• Lead and / or assist on producing and assessing tender bid submissions
You will hold a degree in Chemical Engineering or related Process Engineering discipline and be a Chartered Professional Engineer. You will have:
• Extensive experience in the design of water and /or waste water non-infrastructure from feasibility stage through to detailed design including development of piping and instrumentation diagrams, control philosophies and detailed process calculations.
• Leading multidisciplinary teams on process focused jobs as Technical Lead or Design Lead
• Extensive experience in ensuring the quality of process design input on projects in the Water Industry.
• Ability to lead a team of process engineers to develop and mentor the group.
• Experience in leading the Process design of small/medium or large projects
• Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with Clients and other project team members
• The ability to reach out globally to fully realise and benefit from the extensive process expertise within our Company across regions and sectors
• Project and/or design management experience
• A confident driver with full license