My client is a leading water company and they are in the market for a Chartered Temporary Works Engineer with a structures / geotechnical / civil background to work of their offices in the South West .
You will be responsible for:
* managing a team of structural and geotechnical professionals supporting the needs of the in-house E&C business, including training, mentoring, supporting and providing guidance to their E&C technical staff
* overseeing and undertaking complex structural engineering/geotechnical calculations
* carrying out the co-ordination and design of temporary works
* providing strong technical support to engineering temporary works and identifying innovative and robust solutions
* undertaking specific investigations, appraisals and permanent works designs within the agreed budget and programme
* providing technical input and approval for all structural works in support of the company's capital programme
* providing safe temporary works processes and designs for the E&C civils and utilities group.
Qualifications and experience:
* ideally, you will be a chartered member of an appropriate professional institute, e.g. MICE or MIStructE
* you'll have construction sector experience, both site and office-based
* you'll have thorough knowledge of temporary works design, engineering and industry best practice, including: excavation support, facade retention, tower and mobile crane base, formwork/falsework/scaffold design, shoring/propping and jacking/piling
* you should also have a good working knowledge of a range of structural and geotechnical software packages.
This is a unique position where no two days are the same. You will be the focal point of contact with the construction and utility teams, so you must be confident and effective working in a dynamic, fast-moving environment. You'll be self-motivated, commercially-aware with excellent time management skills. This means you'll be able to manage your own and your team's workload, including utilising consultant support when necessary. You should also be an excellent communicator, who is able to deal with all levels of staff from directors to site operatives, with a proven ability to develop and mentor junior members of staff too.In return, you'll enjoy a comprehensive salary and benefits package.
You must be a chartered member of an appropriate professional institute, e.g. MICE or MIStructE