MEICA Works - Package Manager
The role is for a Chartered Engineer or technician to join the Site Team based in Freetown, Sierra Leone. The individual will work as an integrated member of the site team using the site filing, communications, IT and other facilities.
The individual will report to the Project Engineering Manager. The primary role of the individual will be to deliver the rehabilitation of Guma Water Treatment Works. This rehabilitation consists of all MEICA disciplines however predominantly requires knowledge of electrical and control systems within the water treatment industry.
The project at the water treatment works consists of:
• Main distribution and connected generation including a water turbine
• New MCC
• New sand filter bed control system
• New drives - pumps and blowers
• New valve actuators
The individual will have extensive MEICA experience, with a hands-on background in electrical engineering and testing/ commissioning in the water treatment industry. Knowledge of the NEC form of contract is preferable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the design team to integrate our client suppliers into the final design documentation.
- Work with the commercial team to review budgets and programmes prior to submitting a Target Price for the works.
- Establish MEP requirements in the quality plan for design, build, test, and commission.
- Coordinate sub-contract and material suppliers received designs with civils, buildings, MEP and other specialist systems
- Technically review/ check MEP subcontractor and supplier’s detailed design and proposals prior to issue for approval.
- Obtain off-site back up for technical reviews that cannot be competently undertaken on site.
- Keep abreast, record and monitor design changes as the work progresses. Ensure all change is properly reviewed before approved.
- Ensure ‘as-built’s are kept up to date.
- Produce TQ’s as appropriate
- Coordinate with/ attend meetings with designer and customer representatives – representing our client's interests.
- Coordinate with/ attend meetings with MEP suppliers and subcontractors – representing our client's interests.
- Expedite procurement/ manufacture – report on progress
- Attend FAT’s.
- Prepare method statements for the installation works
- Hold/ attend site coordination meetings and plan/ schedule installation activities Answer on-site technical queries
- Direct specialist subcontractor’s on site activities as appropriate
- Record change and instructions
- Put together outline MEP testing and commissioning plans.
- Coordinate and endorse inspection, test and commissioning activities with the client, engineer and subcontractor.
- O&M Manual compilation
- Coordinate Training
- One of the initial roles is to establish what works can be comfortably undertaken by local contractors and any support they will need. Then formulate a plan for who will undertake the works and establish quality benchmarks for the local contractors.
- Degree/ HND qualified engineer in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- Chartered with IET/ CIBSE or has the qualifications to become chartered.
- Cumulative 10 years’ experience and competency in Water Treatment Industry, Control Systems, Building Services, minimum including.
- The candidate should be familiar with and able to use the Microsoft suite of office programmes and AutoCAD.
- Good communications skills and be well organised.
1. Our client will supply single status shared accommodation with other senior staff (all rooms have their own bathroom)
2. Transport to & from site – shared vehicle no dedicated vehicle.
3. Leave cycle typically two weeks off every 8 weeks with airfare.
4. Working hours
a. Freetown Sierra Leone – 6 days per week, 10 hours per day.