M&E Site Manager
The site Manager provides site based leadership for all construction and installation operations promoting Health & Safety management, construction best practice and management of site construction resources in close liaison with the Project Manager. The Site Manager is also responsible for performing construction operations in Conformance with Contract requirements using qualified personnel and procedures as applicable and ensuring that the required level of quality and workmanship is maintained throughout the construction process.
• Management of the site team and off site disciplines during the detailed design, construction and installation phase of the project through to completion and handover.
• Co-ordination of construction and installation activities.
• Providing progress information.
• Management of site specific construction and installation resources ensuring that appropriate skills are identified and resourced centrally in liaison with the Project Manager & the design team.
• Ensure that all site personnel have relevant information to carry out their duties.
• Ensure that job specific RAMS are produced in advance of any site works and they are reviewed and approved prior to commencement of work.
• Liaison with subcontractors to ensure the efficient and timely submission of their documentation for review, approval and implementation.
• Resolving site specific technical issues in liaison with the Project Manager.
• Ensures that the construction and installation team are accountable for their sites performance against agreed schedules and manhour budgets.
• Management and close monitoring of weekly, monthly & resource programmes to ensure maximum efficiency.
• Ensures that a site specific Health & Safety Plan exists prior to commencement of any site activities, that it is regularly reviewed and updated and that all site activities are carried out in accordance with the clients safety procedures and all relevant Health and Safety Legislation.
• Ensures that Health & Safety File is maintained throughout the life of the construction phase and handed over to the client on completion.
• Ensures that all site activities are carried out in accordance with appropriate quality and environmental procedures and to this end that the site quality and environmental management plans are produced, reviewed, updated and adhered to and that all such checks are implemented under a “self policing” policy.
• Ensure that there is minimal environmental disturbance during the construction works and that the project environmental requirements are met.
• Ensures that the site team proactively manage knowledge to facilitate feedback & continuous improvement the rest of the IA.
The Site Manager supervises the day to day operations of the construction site and is responsible for the site team including any sub-agents / design co-ordinators, engineers and other site based staff that may be appropriate to operate and control the construction site.
Must have previous experience managing a site as site manager within the Water / Waste Water industry.
Must hold CSCS & SMSTS