The role will support Project Managers and Project Technical Leads by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client expectations.
The role is for a Senior Electrical Engineer to provide technical expertise in the delivery of efficient technical solutions that will deliver improvements to water and wastewater assets. The work will include the electrical input from feasibility through to construction and commissioning on a wide variety of projects.
• Liaise with Clients and Contractors to identify opportunities and develop business relationships
• Provide the Electrical & ICA input into asset surveys and plant condition assessments, feasibility studies, optioneering, whole life costing and conceptual design
• Responsibility for detailed design, value engineering, specification and selection of process equipment, tender assessments, reports and recommendations.
• Produce project documentation including engineering specifications, data sheets, layout drawings etc
• Produce electrical & ICA specifications and deliverables for schemes in accordance with current legislation and standards for the scheme requirements
• Liaise with Subcontractors and deal with technical queries
• Undertake factory acceptance testing of electrical & ICA equipment
• Undertake site testing and commissioning
• Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients.
• Plan, programme, co-ordinate and write reports for specific projects.
• Maintain communication and develop ongoing contacts with clients as required
• Build relationships with new clients and key stakeholders
• Provide technical assistance to staff, including training within specific areas of responsibility and expertise as required.
• Review and co-ordinate the work of others
• Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced members within the team
• Complete all work in line with the clients Core Values and in accordance with the clients Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or other relevant subject
• Professionally Qualified (Chartered Engineer or equivalent) and member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. IET
• Experience in water industry and preferably previous experience in mechanical design of water / wastewater treatment plants and water / wastewater networks.
• Strong Business Development skills to include an understanding of market demand and the ingredients of a successful bid, being a successful networker and having commercial acuity.
• Good Project Management skills.
• Ability to manage and develop projects from a brief.
• Knowledge and skills in the in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of electrical & ICA equipment for projects in the water, or process industries
• Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
• Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office
• Experienced in the management of staff and staff development
• Able to integrate well into a team and provide technical management of other staff
• Experienced in decision making
• Ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team and independently
• Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and our design team; both written and oral
• A good client service focus
• Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
• Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively