You will report directly to the Commissioning Manager and duties/responsibilities of this role include;
• Carry out day to day management, coordination and delivery of on-site commissioning activities and off-site commissioning planning activities, including planning for process commissioning and testing, for nominated projects within appointed region.
• Produce regular project reports and Commissioning Completion Reports on nominated projects.
• Ensure Commissioning is carried out safely in accordance with regulations and procedures.
• Ensure all necessary Commissioning documentation is produced in a timely manner and co-operate with Technical Documentation teams to ensure timely delivery of O&M manuals.
• Effective engagement with Scottish Water CSD staff to Obtain buy-in to proposed commissioning plan
• Ensure the effective integration of assets into the existing works without detriment and risk to service level agreements.
• Achieve fast and effective handovers with CSD and SCSP (including the timely delivery of all commissioning documentation, training, etc).
• Interface with ESD Engineering to ensure “design for commissioning”.
• Facilitate feedback of improvement information from commissioning.
• Manage and complete off-site testing and pre-commissioning activities by suppliers or others
• Drive efficiencies and operate tight change control procedures on nominated projects.
• Help to capture, communicate and apply best practice and knowledge sharing within the company
- Senior EICA commissioning engineer
- capable of planning the testing and commissioning of a PLC replacements on a live system and planning more general commissioning work. Skills – general commissioning in water industry; management of subcontractors
- especially System Integrators and Software; report writing and generating commissioning plans; confident in talking to the client. Location – Inverness office with frequent visits to sites and occasional longer stretches out on site. Would consider Glasgow or Dundee based but this is last resort Duration – long term (would welcome existing parent company permanent staff or consider new permanent staff but initially seeking agency) Hours – 8 hours per day
- 5 days per week with occasional weekends if required by the project.
• Relevant qualification (electrical, mechanical or ICA) or extensive proven experience
• Previous experience within water treatment (Non Infrastructure)
• Relevant CSCS card
• Previous commissioning experience in water industry in Scotland