Civil CAD Technician
Our client a notable force within their sector and with an annual turnover in excess of £250m are looking to expand their team with the appointment of a Civil CAD Technician for their Water Joint Venture.. With over 1000 staff working for them across 8 region regional offices they operate in both join ventures and alliances successfully
Job Title: Civil CAD Technician x2
Location : East Midlands Ideally suited to those based in Nottingham, Sheffield or Derby
Day Rate : £310.00
Duration : 3 months initial with a view for extension
You will report directly to the senior civil engineer and the responsibilities will include:
• Produce civil design layouts and general site layout drawings which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and can be constructed and commissioned effectively.
• Ensure that standard practices are utilised where ever possible.
• Provide estimates and feedback for proposals department
• Work to procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the department
• Assist in developing procedures and processes
• Ensure co-ordination of designs with all other disciplines internal and external to ensure that the design processes carried out on the contract are co-ordinated for the benefit of the contract as a whole.
• Maintain files and records throughout the duration of contracts.
• To work within a culture where satisfying the customer is recognised as the key to achieving other objectives,
• Reduce waste to a minimum from all departmental activities
• Ensure designs take account of environmental issues
• Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment.
• Experience of producing accurate drawings to enable effective and efficient construction
• Experience of using AutoCAD, Microstation, Revit 3D
• Driving license