(Kent & East Sussex).
You will report directly to the Quality and Takeover Lead and the responsibilities will include:
• Supporting the H&S team in matters of electrical safety.
• Authoring and administration of electrical safety rules. Maintenance of rules in line with legislative, regulatory or industry changes.
• Providing professional and technical guidance on electrical construction & electrical contracting delivery.
• Owns, interprets, administers and monitors use of the JV LV Electrical Safety Rules.
• Ensuring that any amendments to the JV LV Electrical Safety Rules are brought to the attention of, and are understood by, all JV Responsible Persons, and JV Authorised Persons.
• Interview, train and competence assess potential JV Authorised Persons and subsequent appointment.
• Undertakes AP audits and annual appraisals.
• Conducts the audit set out in the Institute of Engineering and Technology’s (IET) Code Of Practice for Electrical Safety Management annually or on significant change of the electrical management system
• Works with procurement staff to assist in the competence vetting of JV supply chain partners.
• Involvement with key stakeholders for related SSOW’s such as Hydraulics and ATEX/DSEAR.
• Maintaining the identity and importance of the Electrical Safety Rules to the wider business. Electrical safety awareness training for PM’s and Construction Managers.
• Working with our supply chains in areas of quality management and review and comment upon NICEIC and BS7671 model forms of certification.
• Relevant Electrical and H&S Qualification
• 18th Edition
• Registered with a relevant engineering institution
Electrical Supervisor experience.
Member of IET