Is a nationally recognised leader throughout the civil engineering and construction industry.
A Site Foreman will work alongside a Site Manager & be responsible for all labour & plant, safety & cost-effective production, without harm to people, the environment & targeting zero defects. Be capable of running medium jobs up to 500K with minimal supervision.
• Work to and within the Client's Integrated Management System, company procedures, policies and regularly communicate with your line manager.
• Timesheets are fully completed & are accurate for the hours worked on-site.
• Complete plant requisition & ensure hired in plant & equipment are received & returned in good condition. Off hiring all non-essential plant, tools & subcontractors as soon as the requirement is over.
• Bringing perceived errors to the attention of engineer/manager.
• Ensure compliance with method statements & risk assessments.
• Ensuring the clerk of works/inspectors check work prior to covering up.
• Maintains job competence & remain up-to-date with current practices.
Health, Safety & Environment
• Safe working environment & maintain standards of Health & Safety, Environment & Quality.
• Ensure the safe execution of work.
• All safety & environmental rules are followed.
• Ensure that all site personnel & visitors are wearing the correct PPE, including; hard hat, hi-visibility clothing, steel toecap boots, gloves & safety glasses.
• Ensure the operators are completing daily plant inspection sheets & are returned weekly to Head Office.
• Assist the Site Manager in promoting health, safety & environment & quality culture & record achievements, this will include preparation for site visits.
• Sites are left in a clean & tidy state on completion.
• Carry out weekly HSE inspection Checklist.
• Check/Sign off operators CPCS log book.
• Complete training request forms as required.
• A good understanding of the company Health & Safety & environmental Policy and all rules are followed.
Stakeholders & Communication
• Work efficiently & safely & ensure workforce conduct, site tidiness, etc. to safeguard the public image of our business.
• Adapts well to customer demands & change.
• Taking responsibility for security, boundary fences, traffic management & the like.
• Carry out briefing talks each morning.
• Liaising with site manager regarding programme, resources, temporary work’s needs, material supply.
• Manage timekeeping and productivity to maximise the efficient use of plant & resources.
• Ensure the use of internal plant were available & assist the Site Manager in checking CPW.
• Complete a site daily diary.
• Complete allocation sheets.
• Manage the use of materials on-site including; completion of material requisitions, ensure delivery tickets are being checked & signed, proper storing & waste minimization incl. Waste segregation for disposal.
• Complete material returns are being completed & sent back to head office, weekly.
• Be a role model for other staff.
• Support manager with monitoring performance standards & quality.
• Support manager with planning, organising & allocating work tasks.
• Manage the workmanship & quality of the works.
• Carry out site inductions to all personnel, toolbox talks & manage the training requirements of the workforce.
• Overseeing daily operations and work tasks, supervising staff and contractors.
• Manage all site operatives, dealing with performance issues in accordance with the company HR procedures.
• Assist the Site Manager in promoting a safe environmental & quality culture.
• Assist the Site Manager in the running of the site.
• Assist in the training and development of team members including apprentices.
• Define changing skill requirements for the team, recruit, coach & mentor to enhance knowledge, skills & behaviours.
• Supervisor CSCS card
• CPCS 360 excavator ticket & other plant as required (desirable)
• Full driving license (desirable)
• Site Safety Plus - SSSTS certificate or SMSTS certificate
• First Aid at Work Certificate (desirable)
• Proven experience of working within the Construction Industry
• Proven experience of working with heavy plant (desirable)
• Proven experience of supervising team members (desirable)