Senior Site Engineer
A nationally recognised leader throughout the civil engineering and construction industry.
• Work to and within the Client's Integrated Management System, company procedures, policies and regularly communicate with your line manager.
• Day to day setting out.
• Checking calibration of survey equipment.
• Ensuring reference points are preserved.
• Checking construction prior to ‘cover-up’ or next process
• Recording details & inspections undertaken.
• Checking & recording new drawing issues for amendments & variances to work completed, underway or planned. These are to be highlighted to the Site Manager.
• Highlighting programme conflicts & possible sequencing issues with the G/F & Site Manager.
Health, Safety & Environment
• To comply with & follow all SHE legislation & rules & become conversant in their application.
• Quality records. Environmental & safety monitoring.
• Raising technical & other queries.
Stakeholders & Community
• Discussion with engineering representatives.
• Adapts well to customer demands & change.
• As required, attend training sessions, conferences & meetings in line with our commitment to Investors in People.
• Calling off materials – measuring up for quantities.
• To monitor & record materials volumes imported, exported, used or wasted in conjunction with the G/F and the S/M.
• Produce short term programmes.
• Arrange material deliveries.
• Assisting Site Manager with site returns & Quality System paperwork.
• Monitoring the utilisation & need for plant & equipment on the site.
• Overseeing construction within capabilities.
• To attend daily/weekly briefing & review meetings, making a full contribution.
• Leading site teams/gangs with responsibility of a larger project or a single, small project.
• Be a role model for other staff.
• Support the Site Manager with monitoring performance standards & quality.
• Support the Site Manager with planning, organising & allocating work tasks.
• Assist the Site Manager in promoting a safe environmental & quality culture.
• Assist in the training and development of team members including apprentices.
• Define changing skill requirements for the team, recruit, coach & mentor to enhance knowledge, skills & behaviours.
• HNC/HND in Civil/Structural Engineering
• A BSc Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (desirable)
• EngTech, IEng or CEng ICE membership (desirable)
• CSCS Manager/Academically Qualified card
• Full driving license (desirable)
• Site Safety Plus - SMSTS certificate
• First Aid at Work Certificate (desirable)
• Proven experience of working within the Construction Industry
• Proven experience of supervising team members (desirable)