Technical Architect - Contract - London
We're currently looking for a Senior Technical Architect to join our client within the public/government sector on a 6 month contract based in Central London and paying £650pd INSIDE IR35.
Security Clearance: BPSS/ DBS
CV Deadline: 11/10 @11:00
Knowledge and skills required to do this job:
● Turning business problems into the technical design - The ability to work with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into technical designs. Creates an optimal design through an iterative process, aligning the user needs with the system requirements and organisational objectives. Expert at designing systems characterised by high levels of risk, impact and business or technical complexity.
● Bridging the gap between technical and non-technical -Translates technical concepts between software engineering, delivery management and service management so they are understood by all. Expert at mediating and mending relationships, communicating with stakeholders at all levels.
● Making and guiding decisions - Capable of making and guiding effective decisions, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached. The ability to understand and resolve technical disputes across varying levels of complexity and risk. Able to makedecisions characterised by medium levels of risk and complexity and recommend decisions as risk and complexity increase. Able to build consensus between services or independent stakeholders.
● Understanding the whole context - The ability to look beyond the immediate technical problem and identify the wider implications. ‘Zooming out’ in three dimensions - knowing relevant historical context and future impact, understanding how current work fits in broader contexts and strategies, and looking for deeper underlying problems and opportunities. Able to understand trends and practices within the broader organisation and how these will impact their work. Able to look for deeper underlying problems and opportunities. Can anticipate problems before they occur and identify the impact of changes to the policy
● A solid background in version control with Git, and experience of automated testing techniques, continuous integration, automated deployment pipelines and associated infrastructure.
● Experience of introducing practices such as test-driven development, continuous integration, continuous delivery, andDevOps to teams.
● Experience working with cloud infrastructure
● Practical knowledge at many levels of the technology stack, from a range of application servers and databases down to server infrastructure and networking.
● Working knowledge of both Windows and UNIX-like operating systems such as Linux and Mac OS X
● Governance - Understands technical governance and is able to participate in or deliver the assurance of service. This capability becomes increasingly critical at senior role levels. Capable of evolving and defining governance and taking responsibility for collaborating and supporting wider governance. Knows how to assure services delivered by technical architects across sets of services.
● Strategy - Capable of producing a strategy for technology that meets business needs. Able to create, refine and challenge patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements. Senior roles tend to be more proactive as they set the strategy. Junior roles tend to be more reactive, responding to the strategy. Capable of defining and challenging strategies, patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements. Capable of providing proactive advice and guidance for their definition across the organisation.