Senior Process Design Officer
The Process Design Team owns the VOA’s operational processes and is responsible for ensuring that they are designed to deliver the Agency’s business in the most efficient and economical way. For each VOA process there is a single process owner with clear responsibility, accountability and authority for the design, service quality and overall delivery objectives of the process and any systems that support it. Process owners are directly and personally accountable for the end-to-end process. The CCA PDT is responsible for leading process design, development and improvement activities, carrying out process assurance, and for the producing and maintaining of process guidance and supporting tools and templates.
This vacancy has arisen from the need to expand the existing CCA PDT to support the ongoing design and development of CCA operational processes and guidance.
The post holder will be part of a small team responsible for the continuing design, development and maintenance of CCA processes, guidance, tools and templates. Their primary role will be to lead the development work required on operational processes, guidance and tools & templates as a result of IT/Digital developments and other changes agreed as part of the CCA change control process. They will report to the G7 CCA Process Design Lead.
The CCA Programme is a high-profile and important part of the Agency’s transformation, and as such the successful candidates will have lots of opportunities to work on visible, high-impact work that will shape the delivery of a key element of the Agency’s business. We are looking for individuals with excellent interpersonal skills who are able to facilitate meetings and workshops, challenge current ways of working, and inspire future thinking and take a strategic view.
The post holders’ key responsibilities will include:
• Leading the design and development of the CCA end to end process, guidance and supporting tools and templates
• Developing strong working relationships with the CCA Programme team, Digital Group, operational colleagues and other corporate teams, and representing PDT interests in Programme meetings and discussions
• Working collaboratively with operational colleagues and stakeholders across the CCA Programme to ensure that CCA processes support delivery of the policy intent and business rules, and meet the needs of operational staff and external customers
• Leading process design workshops with stakeholders to develop and test high level and low level processes
• Leading the ongoing development of the operational guidance, correspondence templates, and other tools required to support delivery of CCA processes
• Providing input into scripts to support CCA enquiry service
• Working in partnership with Digital Group colleagues to impact planned IT/Digital developments on existing processes and guidance
• Identifying and agreeing with stakeholders, the changes required to existing processes, guidance, scripts and supporting tools in response to scheduled IT/Digital Releases, and changes agreed via CCA change control; and ensuring that work is completed to the required standards within the required timescales
Knowledge and Skills
The post holder will need to be comfortable working in a high-profile, demanding and fast-changing working environment and will need to demonstrate the essential knowledge and skills set out below.
• Good communication skills, including the ability to make presentations, facilitate discussions and draft good quality written content
• The ability to lead a small team of process design staff
• A good understanding of process design and process improvement principles, standards, and tools and techniques
• Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
• A flexible, participative and collaborative approach to working in a busy, multi-grade team
• The confidence and capability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
• Experience of creating process maps in MS Visio
• Knowledge or awareness of Agile approach to project delivery and applying Lean techniques to deliver process improvements
• Knowledge or understanding of CCA end-to-end operational processes, or the ability to develop this quickly
CV Submission Deadline: 16/05/18 @16:00