Senior Campaign Manager - Contract - London
We are currently looking for a Campaign Manager to join DEFRA on a 2 month contract based in Central London paying £375pd INSIDE IR35.
Security Clearance: BPSS
• Support the delivery of our communications priorities across the EU Exit programme, helping to keep the team on track to meet our deadlines and deliver our plans.
• Help to procure and design compelling communication products to support our campaigns.
• Support the organisation and delivery of internal and external events.
• Help build key relationships across the organisation (including policy teams, Ministers’ private offices, press office and communications contacts across the Defra group and in other government departments).
• Help to generate ideas and plan to deliver communications objectives.
• Work with the wider team to identify and build audiences, gather insight and deliver engagement.
• Spot opportunities to advance our communications objectives and identify and manage risks.
• Help to build the profile of the Strategic Communications team across the Defra group.
• Effectively evaluate communications activities and build on lessons learned.
• Assist with any other marketing and communications activities and administrative tasks as required.
Personal qualities and skills required:
• A passion for, and track record in, delivering communications advice and plans and demonstrable experience in achieving continuous improvement through monitoring and evaluation.
• Success in managing and driving delivery across the communications mix to secure outcomes.
• Excellent planning, management and organisational ability.
• The ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines and carry others with them under such circumstances.
• Strong analytical skills, plus excellent written and oral communications skills reflecting the need to explain complex policy areas to non-specialist audiences in a clear and engaging way.