Effectively leading; managing; and resourcing the finance team including any significant external supplier of services. Ensuring that a proper set of accounts is kept and an accurate record of all transactions taking place in accordance with proper accounting and statutory requirements; including the production of year end accounts. Maintaining and achieving the performance indicators agreed for the finance team; in relation to the effective management of budgets and assets. Managing and overseeing the accounting system i.e. nominal and sub ledgers. Making sure that adequate systems of control are in place including reasonable segregation of duties. Ensuring that all necessary reconciliations are carried out on a monthly and annual basis as required. Managing and maintaining accurate fixed asset accounting and effective control of those assets.
Leadership and Management:
• Lead and manage a team of nine PFI finance staff, providing development and support to deliver department goals
Provide PFI Business Partnering support to DIO retained and TLB Delegated PFI Budget Holders;
• Accountable for In Year Financial management of PFI providing monthly forecasts with appropriate variance analysis against budgets. There is a requirement to liaise with delivery colleagues and robustly challenge financial forecasts to sign off defensible numbers in the monthly reporting pack. There will also be a need to work with DIO TLB SPOCs in dealing with queries from budget holders.
• Responsible for provision of robust budget submissions in respect of PFI, working with DIO retained and TLB delegated budget holders and delivery colleagues.
• Business Partnering service (under matrix management) in respect of PFI and regional HFM/SFM financial data to a named DIO regional delivery team;
• Attend regional delivery Senior Leader Team meetings
• Provision of monthly financial reporting pack in respect of PFI and South East (SE) HFM/SFM
• Provision of a financial approval service in respect of PFI and reporting of SE HFM/SFM approvals
• Supporting the regional delivery team with financial insight subject to available capacity
Financial reporting and control;
• Responsible for the provision of PFI financial data into the annual accounts and liaising with NAO and internal audit as required
• Provide assurance that internal controls as outlined in the MOD Internal Control and Assurance Framework are embedded and adhered to within the team
• Provide PFI financial information as required to support relevant financial systems e.g. CP&F, IMS Financial Support to the delivery continuity team (excluding FDIS);
• The provision of financial support to the delivery continuity team subject to available capacity
The role provides PFI business partnering services and supports the management of key finance processes, including In-Year Management, the Annual Budgeting Cycle and Approvals.