Basil Hill Site
This is a Requirements Engineering management post within the Skynet 6 Service Delivery Wrap (SDW) workstream. The purpose of the post is to provide Engineering leadership to the Service Requirements development in the Skynet 6 Service Delivery Wrap Project.
The workstream will develop Service Requirements as necessary to support the competitive procuremen (circa Q2 2019) for a follow in Service Delivery solution. This will require the Service Requirements lead to
• Manage the reverse engineering of Service Requirements from the existing PFI contract,
• Extract relevant requirements from the Programme User Requirements work as appropriate to the SDW workstream timeframe of 2021 to 2028, and
• Develop a coherent set of service requirements that define the needs of the Project.
This post will be the workstream team leader; directing the activities of a range of internal, external technical staff responsible for delivering the following::
• The delivery of the Service Requirements outcomes in accordance with the project plans and schedule,
• Monitoring, tracking and reporting performance and variance to the SDW project lead,
• Delivery of products to support the procurement options analysis activities, no later than the dates specified in the project schedule and catalogues, as workstream outputs, and
• Responsible for the allocation, balancing and re-distribution of work load between team members, performing any line management activities required (management of absence) and referring any further resourcing issues to the project lead.
• Supporting and interfacing with the SK6 Requirements & Engineering workstream to ensure the successful completion of the the Service Requirements
The post holder will be expected to be active in the development of Service Requirements, to have sufficient technical knowledge to be credible within both the workstream and project teams; able to make a contribution and give appropriate direction and guidance to the workstream requirements development and to participate in the wider development of the Skynet 6 Service Delivery Wrap Project.
CV Submission Deadline: Tuesday 16th January 2018 @ 13:50.
experience in in service requirements
experience in in service development
technical background in communications
recent experience in in service delivery
knowledge in military satellite communications system
experience in MOD