AFC Band 7
The postholder will be expected to manage the provision of business intelligence services to a diverse range of stakeholders, using extensive analytical and technical expertise, supported by an in-depth specialist knowledge of NHS and public sector data and definitions, with a particular focus on NHS England Direct Commissioned services.
Utilising matrix working the postholder is responsible for prioritisation of workload across the team and appropriate use and management of information resource to deliver operational efficiency across information services.
The postholder will be responsible for supporting the management and successful delivery of the Direct Commissioning BI SLA, other department responsibilities and proactive management of the associated resources.
Roles and Responsibilities
• To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with organisational policies.
• To focus on continuous improvement of NECS’ services.
• Assist the organisation towards attaining the best possible practice in all areas of NECS responsibilities.
• Promote and develop the culture of a learning organisation committed to high quality of care and continuous improvement.
• Make a positive contribution to excellent communications across NECS, ensuring effective communication with staff and customers.
• Maintain and develop an environment and culture that improves health, safety and security of its staff, and its customers, and to comply with all relevant national and local statutory and mandatory requirements including Health & Safety and Information Governance.
• Demonstrate commitment to developing a culture that promotes equality and values diversity. To maintain appropriate security and confidentiality of information and data, both within NECS and also that of NECS’ customers.
• To ensure compliance with NECS corporate messages and approach at all times, particularly when liaising with external stakeholders and customers and when dealing with management of other team members
-SQL advanced experience
-Technically self sufficient
-Knowledge of system 1 data desirable
-NHS background preferable