My client is a market leading consultancy who needs an experienced Design Engineer to focus on Temporary Works. They are looking for an ambitious individual who will join their design team and support their growth.
The appointed Design Engineer will be joining an award-winning consultancy who have offices nationally. The initial focus will be to conduct the Temporary Works design on a nationally significant projects. This is a demanding and challenging role that is central to our client's growth strategy where you will play a pivotal role in ensuring their continued success. My client will provide you with both a supportive and stimulating environment, your career progression will equally reflect your own ability and success with that of this dynamic and constantly developing organisation.
- As Temporary Works Engineer, responsible for carrying out designs as well as carrying out formal checks across other engineers' work
- Design complex solutions using the following temporary works equipment to BS5975
- Implementing projects to clients' specifications and to agreed time schedules
- Scoping temporary works design packages for external subcontract designers and managing the design process from the initial design brief preparation through to construction on site.
- Carrying out the checks of the scheme(s) during construction on site and liaising with the TWC to ensure any modifications to the scheme or differences from the envisaged conditions (use or environmental) are drawn to the attention of the designer.
- BEng / MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering. A BEng/MEng/BSc/MSc in a similar construction related engineering discipline will be considered.
- CEng or working towards Chartership
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Experience of Structural or Geotechnical engineering design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good practical knowledge across a broad scope of temporary works and permanent works
- Full working knowledge and experience using design tools such as Autodesk AutoCAD software package (Full, LT, Civil)